Propagator launches History of Feminism, the first Routledge Historical Resource, an interdisciplinary digital reference
November 2016: Propagator has developed and launched Routledge Historical Resources: History of Feminism, a truly interdisciplinary database, containing material that will be useful to both students and researchers studying feminism in history, sociology, gender studies or literature.
History of Feminism brings together a wealth of materials spanning across the long nineteenth century (1776 -1928).
Breadth of content:
- 1000s of chapters of primary source materials, available electronically for the first time
- More than 1000 chapters of secondary book content
- Over 100 journal articles from a range of Taylor and Francis journals
- 16 newly commissioned thematic essays by experts in the field
- An introductory video to the subject and resource from the academic editor, Professor Ann Heilmann
- An image gallery to aid research and study
- Short introductions (up to 500 words) to the 9 key subject categories
- Rich metadata at chapter and article level makes search and research on the topic efficient and effective
- Refine searches by subject, region, period, organization, notable figures and contributors as well as conduct key word searches
- View texts on site or download the PDF
- Image gallery containing primary source images from LSE Women’s Library that depict various aspects and events of women’s feminist history
Built on the Propagator Platform:
- Elegant and intuitive search and browse functions to help users discover content
- Easily accessible via multiple types of login
- Content display supports complex content types including journal articles, major works (including facsimile content displayed as pdfs), monograph / handbook chapters, thematic essays, subject overviews and images
- Content can be easily cited using multiple formats
- Related searches shown in context of the current article
Insight from Routledge:
Helena Kasprowicz, Digital Product Manager at Taylor & Francis, said:
“History of Feminism is a beautiful and user-friendly platform enriched with a variety of content including primary and secondary books, journals, essays and images.
The search and browse functionalities make it easy to find and filter content and users have the option of reading full texts online or downloading the PDF. The navigable table of contents enable users to jump straight to the relevant chapter or section, with related searches providing links to further relevant content.
Hopefully this the start of a new and exciting suite of content curated products for Routledge Historical Resources.”
For further details contact Chris Robson, CEO Propagator.
00 44 20 3141 3300