We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team.
Software Project Manager
Living With is a health technology company. It is a spin out from Propagator, which is an established digital product company focused on creating products that improve people’s lives. Propagator has built two sides to its business – “healthtech” and “edtech”: it has launched its own health & wellbeing technology products, sold into healthcare providers as well as direct to patients; and it has an education technology platform, licensed to publishers for use within their e-learning products.
Living With (livingwith.health) is a condition management platform that consists of an outpatient app and clinician dashboard. The app helps patients track and better self-manage their conditions, connect with their clinicians between appointments, manage their own goals and review condition related resources. The digital dashboard enables clinicians to monitor real-time disease activity, with clinically validated Patient Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs) and assessments, to identify early warning signs and optimise their clinical resourcing for the patients who need it most.
Living With is focused on auto-immune conditions and women’s health. The first product is Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis (LWRA), developed in partnership with the Royal United Hospitals in Bath. The second product is Living With Pelvic Health (LWPH), which enables clinicians to distribute a connected version of our NHS-endorsed, market-leading pelvic floor muscle dysfunction app, Squeezy, to patients and monitor their exercise programmes.
The company has a range of functional capabilities including strategy, proposition development, UX, visual design, content creation, front-end and back-end development, app development and hosting and support.
Propagator’s education technology platform is used by companies like Bloomsbury Publishing and Informa, predominantly in academic products sold to higher education institutions.
We are looking for a Software Project Manager to manage projects from initiation to completion. Projects include full website design and build; design and development of mobile apps; consulting; and on-going maintenance and improvement of live sites.
The Software Project Manager is charged with the task of building products from already existing ideas and also helping to develop new ideas based on their contact with customers, prospects, as well as industry experience.
His or her duties also include finding innovative solutions appropriate for the broader market; must enjoy spending time with customers so as to understand their challenges and working with development colleagues to define the requirements of the product to be released.
1. Manage the publishing software projects to time & budget.
2. Package up the educational technology platform, with the aim of increasing profit margins, improving efficiency of delivery and making the code / product easy and self-explanatory to build on
3. Manage the Living With projects; improve product processes and ensure that the platform becomes more efficient to roll out across conditions and for 3rd party integrations.
4. Implement and oversee processes for software delivery across the business
5. Manage consulting and customisation projects
• Sole responsibility for successful delivery of projects to time, budget and quality
• Management of projects using agile methodologies
• Creation and maintenance of project schedules and milestones using appropriate tools
• Building solid relationships with clients, including day-to-day account management during the design and build phases of the project
• Organising requirements capture, estimates and planning
• Production of packaging materials (whether self or delegated) – documentation, help guides, product descriptions
• Organising design and refinement sessions for the product team; escalating issues and prioritising actions
• Implementing and managing processes for delivery of software products through the business
• Ensuring reviews happen before launch; including sign-off from external parties (clients, clinical safety officers, et al).
• Hands-on updates to systems (JIRA, Confluence, Google Drive)
• 4+ years project management experience of web or software projects including accountability for budgets and timelines
• Experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams including both creative and technical staff
• Familiarity with project management methodologies – able to articulate the stages of a project and tailor the approach according to the needs of a particular project
• Experience of client or supplier relationship management
• Experience with the methodology of software development
• Agile product development, i.e. requirements become stories; delivery is in sprints; regular updates to the products
• Excellent communicator, both oral and written
• Able to work alone with minimal support and appropriate escalation, and also able to work as part of a team
• 100% reliable – always delivering on time or managing expectations early
• Pro-active and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Very good eye for detail
• Organised and able to prioritise across multiple concurrent work-streams
• Self –starter
• Good people person
• Excellent problem solving
• Results-orientated with an ability to meet deadlines while maintaining quality of output
• High personal standards of ethics and integrity
• The ability to work successfully within a fluid and entrepreneurial organisation
25 days annual leave.