We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team.
Part-time Digital / Product Designer Job Specification
Overall job description
We are now looking for a very talented Digital Designer to help us design great digital products. This is a unique opportunity to join a young company and share in its future success.
The person should be an ambitious, classically trained graphic designer who understands both print and digital design with UI experience. This is a role for a digital native, who cares deeply about the interfaces on digital products and services and is keen to work closely with information architects to create great user experiences and loyal users. This is an opportunity for a designer who wants to create their own mark rather than joining a much larger established business. This is a role for someone who is passionate about digital design and has a penchant for print design to support our marketing efforts as well.
The person should be an ambitious, self-starter, with 4 or 5 years’ experience, who is excited by the opportunity of learning and developing faster.
1. Design and develop the Living With A Chronic Condition digital product interfaces
2. Design and implement new and stunningly easy to use and beautiful to look at digital interfaces
3. Creation of visual concepts and page designs for websites, mobile apps and tablets
4. Production of all the graphics / PSDs / images
5. Design accompanying materials to showcase products for marketing + sales
• Designing the new suite of digital products for people living with chronic conditions
• Designing all elements of the visual design and UI
• Conceptualising new ideas
• Creation of page layouts
• Production of graphics
• Issue resolution for interface and visual issues during development of the website or app
• Design marketing materials
Experience / skills required
1. Classical graphic designer at top design college
2. 4-5 years experience working on interface design
3. Minimum 3 years UI/UX experience
4. Ecommerce experience
5. Print experience
6. Concept through to delivery
7. Portfolio of your UI/UX work
8. Passion and enthusiasm for digital service design
9. Experience of working as part of a team with an Information Architect, and designing to a wireframe brief
10. Proven experience across a wide range of design disciplines
11. Self -starter
12. Good people person
13. Excellent problem solving
14. Effective communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
15. Results-orientated with an ability to meet deadlines while maintaining quality of output.
16. High personal standards of ethics and integrity.
17. The ability to work successfully within a fluid and entrepreneurial organisation.
18. Be happy to roll up your sleeves and build from the ground up
• Excellent communicator, both oral and written
• Able to work alone with minimal support and appropriate escalation, and also able to work as part of a team
• 100% reliable – always delivering on time or managing expectations early
• Pro-active and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Very good eye for detail
• Organised and able to prioritise across multiple concurrent work-streams
• Self –starter
• Good people person
• Excellent problem solving
• Results-orientated with an ability to meet deadlines while maintaining quality of output
• High personal standards of ethics and integrity
• The ability to work successfully within a fluid and entrepreneurial organisation
• Be happy to roll up your sleeves and build from the ground up